By now I’m sure you’ve heard that the Sony a7R III launched and with it a very lengthy set of specs. It’s a lot to parse, even for a journalist in the camera business. This video should help explain all the new features.
Those include: A high-resolution 42.4 MP sensor at 10 fps with full AF/AE tracking; as well as wide 15-stop dynamic range, high sensitivity with low noise reducing, approximately 2x faster subject tracking and Eye AF tracking performance than the Mark II.
The Sony a7R III it’s an extremely versatile tool for professional photographers and videographers that demand reliability, flexibility and versatility. While the resolution is traditionally for portrait work, its fast enough for use in all situations.
Succinctly, it’s a camera for the pro that wants it all. And, it’s really a new class (along with the d850) that provides the best of all worlds.
- 35mm Full-Frame 42.4 MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Silent Shooting or Mechanical Shutter and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 399 phase-detection AF points covering 68% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and approximately 2 times more effective Eye AF
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.5 step shutter speed advantage
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Completely redesigned for professionals, including upgraded Auto Focus, Dual SD Card Slots, Extended Battery Life, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C™ Terminal and more
- Compact, Lightweight body at only 23 oz
- $3200 USD and shipping next month.
Amazon hasn’t listed the a7r III yet, but those looking for a value should note that the Mark II is now 17% off at $2398 and the Mark I is $1898.
I still shoot with my Mark 1, keeping it because I landed a cover with it, back in the day.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.