Update 7/26/17: We’ve added a lot of new products to this list and modified the links so that they bring non-U.S. readers to their regional Amazon sites, not the U.S. site.
The Sony a7, a7II, a7R, a7S and a6000 are incredible cameras, and these accessories make the systems even better. This list of must have Sony accessories was compiled by our readers and Sony readers all around the world. They’ll help you get more out of your Sony a7, a7R, a7S, a7II and a6000 (plus older NEX cameras). From remote triggers to lens hoods to filters to battery packs, these accessories will simplify your life, streamline your workflow and improve your photography.
All purchases from the Amazon links in this list support Sony Mirrorless Pro, and help us bring new content to you.
- Sigma MC-11 Adaptor for Canon lenses—Adapt Canon lenses to Sony bodies, like this.
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF and MC-11 Mount Converter/Lens Adapter for Sony E Kit—at $999.00 this is a great deal, see our post on it.
- Fotodiox Pro Designer Dedicated Metal Bayonet Lens Hood f/Sony Sonnar TE 24mm F1.8 ZA, TFE 35mm f2.8 ZA, TFE 55mm f1.8 ZA—Stylish, well-made protector and used on our RX1R II.
- SLIK Mini Pro III Table Top Tripod—When retracted and closed, the SLIK MINI series tripods are about the size of the standard telephoto lens, meaning they can be carried in your camera bag all the time so tripod support is always at hand!
- Cotton Carrier StrapShot EV1—secure camera locking system, with instant release
- Lensbaby Trio 28 for Sony E-mount —Designed specifically for mirrorless camera users, Trio 28 features three selective focus optics in one compact lens. By simply rotating a dial to switch between Lensbaby’s most popular optical effects – Twist, Velvet or Sweet.
- FotoTech IR Wireless Shutter Release Remote Control—Amazon’s #1 seller, this wireless IR remote has a range up to 32 feet and works with dozens of camera models.
- Sony Screen Protector for Sony Alpha A6000—This screen protector for the a6000 prevents scratches to the rear LCD screen.
- Sony Screen Protector for Sony a7 Series—This model is the screen protector for the a7.
- Dual-Channel LCD Display Charger for Sony NP-FW50 Batteries—Battery charging solution with the capability of charging two batteries at once. Digital display for accurate charging times.
- Op/Tech Bin Op Strap—A great camera strap that allows for quick removal of the strap for handheld us.
- Mindshift Panorama—This unique bag has a rotating lower pouch and a full backpack upper, allowing for gear to be quickly accessed with the pull of a tag.
- SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-1/U3 SDXC Memory Card Up To 95MB/s & 4K Ultra HD-Ready—For affordable, fast storage, this is the card. It’s what we use when we’re benchmarking equipment. This is the card you want in your Sony camera.
- Voightlander Metal Lens Hood for 49mm Lenses—Protect your lens with this impervious lens hood, that also looks great.
- Sony A Mount to E Mount—Adapt Sony A-mount lenses to your a7 or a6000.
- Pedco UltraPod II—Lightweight, small and durable. The perfect tripod for any camera bag.
- Mecablitz 64 AF-1—This third-party strobe is the most powerful we’ve tested, and is completely compatible with Sony’s flash system. Simply put, the best third-party strobe on the market, period.
- Sony battery pack for a7, a6000
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.