We’re at WPPI, so just sharing this news about theHX80, and expect to see one later today on the show floor. The DSC-HX80 is the World’s Smallest Camera with 30x Optical Zoom Lens. The compact ships in April for about $350.00.
Sony Announces New HX80 Compact Camera with 30x Zoom and Electronic Viewfinder
Sony Electronics, a worldwide leader in digital imaging and the world’s largest image sensor manufacturer, has today introduced the newest addition to their compact zoom camera lineup, the DSC-HX80 model.
The new camera features a variety of advanced imaging capabilities including 30x optical zoom, a high-resolution 18.2 MP2 Exmor R CMOS Sensor and a retractable OLED Tru-Finder in a class-leading compact body. Along with the DSC-HX90V model, the HX80 camera becomes the only compact high-zoom camera with a retractable electronic viewfinder, making it an extremely appealing and flexible solution for travel and family photography and video shooting.
The HX80 also features a high-resolution, 921k dot LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees for comfortable arms-length portraits or “selfies” and is Wi-Fi / NFC compatible.
Key features for the new model are included below:
Compact Hi-Zoom HX80 Camera w/ Built-in Retractable EVF
Available in April for about $350
· Premium 30x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* optical zoom lens with 60x “Clear Image” digital zoom capability
· Built-in pop-up OLED Tru-Finder EVF w/ high contrast and vivid colors
· 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor ensure the finest capture details for still images and Full HD videos in all lighting conditions
· Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilization minimizes effects of camera shake
· 921k dot, 3.0 type LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees
· Full HD movie shooting capabilities including high-speed XAVC S format at 50 Mbps
· Built-in ‘pop up’ flash for low-light shooting support
· Compatible with Wi-Fi / NFC for seamless wireless transfer of content and with select Sony PlayMemories™ Camera apps.
Since posting this news, Amazon now lists the HX80 as available for pre-order, shipping on April 14, 2016 for $349.00.
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.