Adobe has just released Adobe Lightroom 6.3 with the primary feature being a restoration of the dialog box present before the 6.2 update. The 6.3 release also adds profile support for the Sony RX1R II and the Sony 28mm f/2.8 lens.
Adobe received a lot of flack with the 6.2 update, and had to issue a public apology for releasing an update with so many bugs and with a complete, and unannounced overhaul of the Import dialog box.
The 6.3 release returns to the import dialog box that was part of the 6.x version of the product, and it also fixes some performance issues introduced in 6.2.
Below is Adobe’s release
Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3 now available
Lightroom CC 2015.3 and Lightroom 6.3 are now available on Adobe.com. The goal of this release is to provide additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom. This release also restores the Import experience available prior to Lightroom 6.2.
Thank you for all your feedback and passion for Lightroom.
New Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3
- Canon EOS M10
- Canon PowerShot G5 X
- Canon PowerShot G9 X
- Fujifilm X-T1 IR
- Leica SL (Typ 601)
- Sony RX1R II (DSC-RX1RM2)
New Tethered Camera Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3
- Canon EOS 5DS
- Canon EOS 5DS R
- Canon EOS T6i / 750D
- Canon EOS T6s / 760D
New Lens Profile Support in Lightroom CC 2015.3 / 6.3
|Apple||iPhone 6s back camera 4.15mm f/2.2|
|Apple||iPhone 6s front camera 2.65mm f/2.2|
|Apple||iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2|
|Apple||iPhone 6s Plus front camera 2.65mm f/2.2|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM +1.4x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2.0x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +1.4x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2.0x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +1.4x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +2.0x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x|
|Canon EF||Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM +2.0x|
|Canon EF||Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo|
|Canon EF||SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50 ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2/35 ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2/50M ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2/100M ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZE|
|Canon EF||Zeiss Otus 1.4/28 ZE|
|Canon EF-M||Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM|
|DJI||ZENMUSE X3 HG310 (RAW + JPEG)|
|Leica M||Voigtlander VM 35mm f/1.7 Ultron|
|Nikon F||Nikon AF NIKKOR 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF|
|Nikon F||SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 1.4/50 ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 1.4/85 ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2/35 ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2/50M ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2/100M ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZF.2|
|Nikon F||Zeiss Otus 1.4/28 ZF.2|
|PENTAX||Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 28mm f/3.5 M42|
|PENTAX||Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4 M42|
|PENTAX||SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|SONY A||SIGMA 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM C014|
|SONY FE||Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21|
|SIGMA||SIGMA 20mm F1.4 DG HSM A015|
- Fixed several instability, functionality and performance issues introduced in Lightroom CC 2015.2.x/6.2.x.
- Fixed a bug that caused edits made and saved in Photoshop or 3rd party plug-ins to not appear in the Develop module.
- Fixed a bug related to user default for Chromatic Aberration Correction no longer honored after new Import option was removed.
- Fixed several bugs related to Panorama Merge.
- Fixed a bug so that Rotated photos will correctly show as rotated when in Full Screen view.
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance slowdown when creating Standard sized previews on high resolution monitors.
- Fixed a bug that caused image previews to be incorrectly displayed as completely black after import if “Auto Tone” is on in preferences.
- Fixed a bug that caused crash when using the Radial or Graduated Filter.
- Fixed a bug that caused Palette, a 3rd party hardware device, to stop working with Lightroom.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Map module to appear pixelated and photos to be dropped in the wrong place when using hi-dpi monitors on Windows.
- Fixed a bug related to Full Screen that prevented you from exiting Full Screen view while using the Spot Healing Tool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Flickr Publish Service to improperly publish multi-word keywords.
Please select Help > Updates to use the update mechanism in the Creative Cloud app.
For customers that started using Lightroom in 6.2, please click here for an orientation to Import.
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.