Well, that was fast! Updates to RAW usually happen months after a new camera launches, and press like me, are stuck with the RAWs until they do. Today, Capture One updated to 10.1 with support for the Alpha a9 and new lenses.
That means I’ll have more a9 photos to share with you soon. At launches, I shoot in RAW+Jpeg and the photos I’d normally spend time in post with, adjusting exposure and white balance, had not yet run.
Thanks Capture One! The support for Sony is extensive and there’s much more, as explained in this video.
Added Lens Support
• Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 (SAL55200)— on Amazon for $198.00.
• Sony FE 100mm F2.8 STF GM OSS (SEL100STFGM)— on Amazon for $1498.00.
• Sony FE 85mm F1.8 (SEL85F18)— on Amazon for $1199.00
• Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16–35 mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL1635Z)— on Amazon for $1248.00.
• Zeiss Distagon T FE 35 mm F1.4 ZA (SEL35F14Z)— on Amazon for $1598.00.
- Capture One Pro 10.1 – full version – works with all camera models. $299 USD or $99 USD if you upgrade from version 8 or 9.
- Capture One Pro 10.1 (for Sony) – Only works with Sony models – $50 USD or $40 USD if you upgrade from Capture One Pro 9 (for Sony)
- Capture One Express 10.1 (for Sony) – Free
Note that it’s the same download for any version. On the start up screen you pick the run mode.
Also see this archive link for more Capture One posts. When 10 was released last year, we worked with them on a series of sponsored posts.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.