A major firmware update for the Sony A9 just dropped. The update includes
Continuous AF Enhancements:
- Enhanced performance of continuous auto focus on moving subjects
- Enhanced stability of the AF-C when zooming
- Adds the function to assign Protecting images to custom Key
- Adds the function to transfer (FTP) protected files at once
Note: Only for images protected using version 2.00 or higher.
- Displays wired LAN MAC address
- Inputs IPTC metadata to files
Note: IPTC information must be created beforehand using the IPTC Metadata Preset software.
- Inputs camera serial number to metadata
- Improves operational stability
- Improves accuracy of the overheating warning function.
Having shot with the a9, I didn’t notice anything particularly troubling, so these enhancements are a bonus.…