In case you missed it, the RX0 is a new type of camera offering entirely new imaging possibilities for today’s professional creators.
It combines Sony’s acclaimed RX image quality with an ultra-compact, waterproof and robust design and is intended for immersive multi-cam shoots. Priced at $700.00 the RX0 ships this October.
- Multi-unit, multi-view shooting offers a new imaging experience unlike any other camera before
- High-quality imaging technology in an ultra-compact & tough body: Waterproof Shockproof and Crushproof
- 1.0-type stacked 15.3MP5 Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor
- Featuring ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm6 F4 Fixed wide-angle lens with maximum shutter speed of up to 1/32000 second and ability to shoot at up to 16 fps7
- Range of creative video functionality including 40x Super Slow motion recording8, Picture Profile (S-Log2), and 4K9 Clean HDMI Output
- Multi-camera control for multi-view shooting either wirelessly or with wired connection
The RX0 can be used as a standalone camera or paired in a multi-camera rig in any kind of weather or location.
Using a wireless radio commander, the FA-WRC1M, up to fifteen RX0’s can be triggered and five with the PlayMemories Mobile app.
Sony is also working on a rig, wired controller, and software for more units and said they’ll release it in January 2018. It’ll ship with a full line of accessories too.
The new RX0 camera features a 1.0-type stacked 15.3 MP6 Exmor RS CMOS image sensor, BIONZ X™ processor, and a wide-angle ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm F4 fixed lens to deliver high resolution and fewer distortion for both RAW and JPEG stills and across all supported video formats.
Equipped with an anti-distortion shutter the RX0 will shoot as fast as 1/32000 second, and at 16 fps. It’s waterproof to depths of 10 meters and up to 100m when placed in the new MPK-HSR1 Housing. The camera is also shockproof and crushproof making it durable enough to withstand whatever a creator wants to do with it.
Amazingly, for such a small form factor, the RX0 ships with Picture Profiles including S-Log2, as well Time Code / User Bit with super slow motion capture up to 960 frames per second and 4K clean HDMI output to an external recorder. Manual focus assists and focus peaking ensure creators will get the shot in the bright sun too.
My daily shooter is Sony A1 with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.