Along with Sony news, like all the excitement about the a9, I like to share inspirational posts about photographers, locations, and being creative. And, I just heard about the Portrait Masters Conference in Palm Desert.
Streaming Live, Conference Features Workshops with Renowned Portrait Photographers, Open Shooting Sessions for Participants, Trade Show, and Closing Keynote with Joyce Tenneson
- Peter Hurley is a premier portrait and headshot photographer with studios in New York City and Los Angeles. He is known for the genuine expressions he captures in the headshots and executive portraits he takes. Peter is an expert on human facial expression and has spoken on the subject for TEDx, Google, Apple, Microsoft, Adobe and GoDaddy to name a few. He is the author of the recently published book, The Headshot, the definitive guide to headshot photography.
- Lindsay Adler is a professional portrait and fashion photographer based in New York. She regularly contributes to a variety of major photo publications, including “Professional Photographer,” “Rangefinder Magazine,” “Popular Photography,” and more. Lindsay teaches thousands of photographers annually on topics ranging from retouching to fashion techniques to studio lighting.
- Joel Grimes has worked for many of the top advertising agencies and corporations across the globe for clients such as AARP, Abbott Labs, Archer Daniels Midland, Arizona Office of Tourism, AT&T, and countless others. In 1990 Joel produced his first coffee table book, ‘Navajo, Portrait of a Nation’ which received a number of photographic and design awards and created an eighteen-month solo exhibit at the Smithsonian American History museum. Joel is also an ambassador for the creative process by teaching workshops and lectures around the world. “I feel that by being an open book with my process I have an opportunity to inspire others to follow their dreams and passions to create”.
- Michele Celentano If you ask Michele Celentano, the most important part of our journey through life are the people we love. And for Michele, the second most important things are the photographs that help us remember those we love when they are no longer with us. Photography has always been more than a job or career to her. Photographs of the people we love the most and the times we spend with them will outlast any material thing we have. It is this emotion and level of importance that is reflected in every photo Michele creates.
- Susan Stripling is one of the most respected wedding photographers and educators in the industry. Last year she launched The Wedding School, one of the fastest growing online communities for wedding photography in the world. Hundreds of hours of tutorials have been created to help photographers at all levels learn every aspect of building a successful wedding photography business. Ms. Stripling recently hosted a live workshop titled, “One Real Day” which gave viewers a beginning-to-end, behind-the-scenes look at a client’s wedding day.
- Kelly Brown is a Brisbane-based photographer who has become one of the world’s most awarded photographers. Her studio, Little Pieces Photography which was established in 2005, has been trusted by thousands of families worldwide to capture their maternity, newborn, and family portraits. This year she opened a state-of-the-art studio in Sumner, Brisbane, where she continues to photograph exquisite portraits. Along with her team of inspired creatives, Little Pieces Photography continues to be dedicated to providing the very best photography experience to each and every client who walks through their door.
- Joyce Tenneson is internationally lauded as one of the leading photographers of her generation, Joyce Tenneson’s work has been published in books and major magazines and exhibited in museums and galleries worldwide. Her portraits have appeared on covers of magazines such as Time, Life, Newsweek, Premiere, Esquire and The New York Times Magazine. Tenneson is the author of sixteen books including the best seller, Wise Women, which was featured in a six-part Today Show series. She is the recipient of many awards, including Fine Art Photographer of the Year in 2005 (Lucie Awards), and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Professional Photographers of America in 2012. In addition to her photography exhibits and books, Tenneson has taught master photography classes in the U.S. and Europe for over 40 years.
That’s an impressive list and attendance will be limited to 400 participants. Registration fee to attend the conference in Palm Desert is $1,100.
The conference begins with a welcome reception and keynote presentation by Sue Bryce, followed by two full days of intense learning. Conference attendees will be able to apply what they’ve learned during a series of “open shoots” scheduled between seminars each day. In addition, numerous companies will display and demonstrate the latest in imaging technology and software at the conference expo.
That all sounds good and considering the location of Indian Wells, I’d suggest attendees make this event part of a longer vacation.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.