Early adopters of Sony Alpha mirrorless cameras had limited lens choices. That changed this year with the new Sony G Master lenses — we’ll have demos of those soon — and now Sigma has announced the rumored 30mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary, a fast wide prime. That’s the fastest aperture available in the 30mm-class of lenses besides the Sony/Zeiss 35mm f1.4, and priced at $339.00 compared to $1598.00
Contemporary Line Performance and Value
- Represents first affordable F1.4 performance lens for the mirrorless market
- Sigma engineered quality within a sleek compact design
- Fast, smooth AF stepping motor designed to support video
- Features one aspherical element and one double-sided aspherical element producing imaging quality comparable to the Art line.
- Features 9 elements / 7 groups, Minimum Aperture: F16, 52mm filter thread, Minimum Focus Distance: 11.8in, Weight: 9.3oz, Dimensions: 2.6×2.9in.
Amazon hasn’t listed the new Sigma yet, but B&H has and with expected shipping by mid March, 2016.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.