New Sony APS-C lenses are launched today. I’ve been shooting with them for the past two weeks. Each offers a wide angle. One is a power zoom. All three meet the needs of a Sony APS-C shooter. I took the trio and an a6600 with me on a hike into the North Cascades.
Up until today, there have been no Sony branded wide-angle large aperture prime lenses for APS-C E-mount. I even shot with them attached to my A1, just to see how they did. Each has outstanding image quality in a compact form. As you would expect from Sony, the zoom is the worlds smallest and lightest.
Below are the highlights about the new Sony APS-C lenses. I’m sharing photos taken with the lenses on Instagram.
10-20mm F/4 PZ G
- The world’s smallest and lightest*
for unequalled mobility and
- Outstanding image quality and
dynamic perspectives that only an
ultra-wide-angle zoom can
- Refined expression and control
- Advanced AF performance
benefits stills and movies
Mobility, operability, and reliability
for any situation
15mm F/1.4 G
- High G Lens resolution and
beautiful bokeh at F1.4
- Compact and lightweight for
outstanding mobility and
- AF performance that makes full
use of body speed potential
- Excellent control and reliability for
stills and movies
- Large aperture with superb
resolution and exquisite bokeh in
- Compact and lightweight enough
to go anywhere, ready to shoot at
- Features optimized for movie
- Outstanding control and reliability
for any situation
Order the lenses from my friends at B&H. Here’s the listing page. Pricing was not available at press time.…
My daily shooter is Sony A1 with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.