Both will take amazing photos and video, of course. It’s a long video, so here are time codes if you want to jump ahead.
- 1:40 – Full Frame Sensor vs APSC Sensor
- 2:19 4K Oversampling
- 2:42 Touchscreen VS Joystick
- 2:56 In-Body Stabilization
- 3:25 Autofocus Points
- 3:58 10FPS vs 11FPS
- 4:30 Form Factor
- 5:36 Battery
- 6:14 4k Screen Dimming
- 6:32 Overheating?
- 6:58 Low Light Performance
- 7:24 Super 35mm Mode
- 7:39 Headphone Jack
- 7:58 Dual SD card Slot
- 8:13 Playmemories
- 8:30 Price
- 12:25 – a6700 / a7000 Predictions
The Sony [amazon_textlink asin=’B0721N16PK’ text=’a6500′ template=’ProductLink’ store=’texturadesign-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fbb5ba82-dc52-11e8-81f6-d5dd284e6cbb’] costs 600 less than the [amazon_textlink asin=’B07B43WPVK’ text=’a7iii’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’texturadesign-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ed5af49c-dc52-11e8-8731-cb6c4b441519′]. I think the price difference is worth it to get the a7iii, which is a super good value.
I covered that topic with the a7iii launched. The specs are impressive
- Newly Developed Full-frame 24.2MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
Wide ISO range of 100 – 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 – 204800 for still images) and 15-Stop Dynamic Range at low sensitivities
- World Class AF system featuring 693 phase-detection AF points covering 93% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and fast and reliable Eye AF
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Mechanical Shutter or Silent Shooting and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning across full-width of full-frame sensor
- The longest rated battery life of any Mirrorless camera at 710 shots per charge
- Upgraded operability and functionality including addition of joystick for adjusting focus points, Dual SD Card Slots, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C™ Terminal and more
What you need to know about the a7 III is Sony took the best tech from their α9 and α7R III models and paired them with an all-new 24.2 MP back-illuminated sensor to deliver a full-frame camera for pretty much everyone.
It also fits my face.
Back to Jason, see him in the opening seconds of my video recap from Be Alpha Seattle doing his “crane thing.”
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.