The Sony Create Action Initiative will support local nonprofit initiatives. The $1 million grant program supports underserved, underrepresented communities. The intent is to amplify the efforts of local, nonprofit organizations embedded within these communities.
Sony Create Action Initiative Details
Grant winners will receive
- $50,000 cash grant (by check)
- $50,000 in Sony Electronics products
Additionally, Sony will give grant winners
- A custom short film promoting the organization’s mission and efforts, created in collaboration with a team of Sony-affiliated creators
- Support of the Sony brand and platform to help spread their message and raise awareness
- Additional opportunities for collaboration with Sony Electronics and extended network of corporate partners.
The initiative follows Sony’s main purpose to, “Fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology.” Neal Manowitz, President and COO of Sony Electronics Inc, said
CREATE ACTION is designed to support this purpose. It is a program that summons the power of Sony – including funding, product, creative resources and accessibility – to expand the impact and influence of local organizations that are creating a tremendous positive impact in their community.
To apply for the grant, the nonprofit must have less than $500K in operating revenue. The nonprofit’s focus should include
- STEAM Education (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics)
- Academic Enrichment
- Workforce Development
- Community and Civic Engagement.
As a content creator who evangelizes Sony’s cameras, I’m proud of their Create Action initiative. Also to see Sony continue to give back under Neal’s leadership.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.