Yesterday, Sony introduced a full frame FX6 cinema camera, as well as the FE C 16-35mm T3.1 G E-mount Cinema lens.
As part of the Cinema Line, the all-new FX6 incorporates Sony’s core technologies of image sensor, processing engine, and AF performance. The FX6 is also compatible with the wide range of Sony E-mount lenses for creative flexibility. Here’s an intro video.
The new FX6 is the latest example of Sony’s drive to continuously push the boundaries of imaging technology based on the needs of our customers.
said said Neal Manowitz, deputy president of Imaging Products and Solutions Americas, Sony Electronics.
With the advancement of our Cinema Line, we are dedicated to enabling the extraordinary skills and talent of today’s content creators and cinematographers. The FX6 leverages technology from Sony’s industry-leading VENICE cinema camera and marries it with the best of Sony’s innovative Alpha mirrorless camera technology.
Sony Introduced Full-Frame FX6 Highlights
- 4K 10.2 megapixel full-frame back-illuminated CMOS Exmor R™ sensor
- Compact and lightweight body design for on-the-go shooting
- Ultra-high sensitivity with ISO expandable up to 409,600 for very low light conditions
- 15+ stops of dynamic range
- S-CinetoneTM look profile, also used in FX9 and inspired by VENICE colorimetry
- BIONZ XR™ image processing engine, first used in Alpha 7S III
- Fast Hybrid Auto Focus, also used in Alpha cameras and FX9
- Recording up to 4K 120p / HD 240p, 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth in full-frame
- Support for up to 12G-SDI and 4K at up to 60p 16-bit SDI RAW output
- Compatible with more than 50 native E-mount lenses
My daily shooter is Sony A1 with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.