Highlights from the Sony RX100 VI announcement earlier today include
- Maintains compact body size of acclaimed RX100 series while adding a ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- World’s Fastest 0.03 seconds AF speed combined with 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering approximately 65% of frame
- 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and upgraded BIONZ X™ image processor and Front-end LSI
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 24 fps with full AF/AE tracking
- Optical image stabilization equivalent to a 4.0-stop faster shutter speed
- High Resolution 4K (vi) Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning plus 4K HDR for instant HDR workflow
And, a new grip for vloggers was also announced hat fits the RX0 and RX100.
Named the VCT-SGR1, the vertically-oriented shooting grip connects via a Multi/Micro USB Terminal. It is extremely compact and lightweight, and can adjust angles up 70 degrees or down to 100 degrees to capture different perspectives including high-angle shots, low-angle shots and self-portraits.
The grip features several buttons at the top of the grip including shutter release, REC stop/start and zoom functionality, allowing for easy fingertip control for both right and left handed usage.
The bottom of the grip can be used as a tripod, making it an ideal accessory for group photos or low-light shooting conditions to avoid camera shake when shooting at slower shutter speeds.
The RX100 VI will ship next month for $1200. I suggest you get the grip too. Looks like a nice compliment to the RX0 as well, as I’ve shared it’s one of my favorite cameras from Sony.
It take it with me everywhere.
The new VCT-SGR1 Shooting Grip will ship this September in North America for approximately $100.…