The XT Camera System is available from Phase One today. I spent a good chunk of my summer shooting with medium format cameras. Consequently, a lighter, more compact body with improved focusing is welcome news.
The new body and lenses are designed for shooting landscapes. They are manufactured for those photographers who travel to locations. Here I am nearing the top of Sunday pass earlier in the year carrying the Phase One.
Built Around Phase One Components
The XT Camera System integrates Phase One components:
- The Phase One IQ4 150MP, IQ4 150MP Achromatic, or IQ4 100MP Trichromatic, built on the Infinity Platform.
- The XT Camera Body features intuitive ergonomics and straightforward controls, including the dual action shutter button.
- Three lenses manufactured by Phase One’s strategic partner Rodenstock. All lenses are fitted with Phase One’s new X-Shutter.
- The XT Camera System takes full advantage of Rodenstock lenses with 24mm of shift on both the X and Y axis.
Similarly, the three HR Rodenstock lenses include:
- 23mm f/5.6 is the highest quality super wide lens available.
- 32mm f/4 is an exceptional quality wide-angle lens with a large image circle and almost no distortion.
- 70mm f/5.6 is a normal focal length lens with impeccable image quality and a large image circle.
That’s much camera tech to consider, what’s going on is Phase has developed a new slimmer front end for their camera backs with advanced optics and focusing. In addition, the reason I’m sharing the news on Sony Mirrorless Pro, is the sensors are made by Sony.
I love the XT. The combination of the Phase One IQ4, a compact camera body, and an incredible lens is just what I need. I can easily fit the camera with two lenses in my small shoulder bag, and still barely feel like I am carrying anything.
Here’s a promo for the new body and lenses with Phase One ambassador, Reuben Wu.
XT Camera System Availability and Pricing
Available now through Phase One Partners worldwide, the suggested price for the XT IQ4 150MP Camera System, including one of the Rodenstock lenses is $56,990.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.