My fav, small form factor camera, the RX0 II, is now shipping from Amazon for $698. Announced about a month ago, the second generation of Sony’s compact camera adds a flippy screen, improved Eye-AF, and 4K shooting.
RX0 II Features
- Superb image quality delivered by 1.0-type stacked 15.3MP image sensor condensed into waterproof, rugged, highly compact body
- Featuring ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm F4 fixed wide-angle lens
- Movie shooting with 4K internal recording and new image stabilization solutions
- Advanced functionality for stills photography, including up to 1/32000 sec. Anti-distortion Shutter and up to 16fps continuous shooting
- Diverse range of shooting scenes enabled by waterproof 180-degree tiltable LCD panel and Clear Image Zoom
- Perfect for selfie with enhanced color reproduction, new Soft Skin Effect mode and advanced Eye AF
- Microphone jack and optional Shooting Grip (VCT-SGR1) delivers minimal and ideal Vlog shooting solution
- Multi-camera solution that enables creative video expression from various viewpoints
The RX0 II uses a 1.0-type stacked 15.3-megapixel Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor and an advanced BIONZ X™ image processing engine that offer enhanced color reproduction, including beautiful skin tones. This small but powerful combination offers excellent image quality for both stills and movie shooting across a wide sensitivity range of ISO 80-12800. The ZEISS® Tessar T* 24mm F4.0 fixed wide-angle lens has a shortened minimum focusing distance of 20cm, making it perfect for selfies, table-top photos, and schools of fish.
A Camera for All Conditions
Like the RXO, the RX0 II is truly a worry-free camera that’ll go everywhere. It measures just 59mm x 40.5mm x 35mm and weighs just 132g. So it fits easily into a pocket and is waterproof up to 10 meters deep, dustproof, shockproof up to 2 meters and crushproof up to 200KG force.
As I shared when the RX0 launched, it enables new forms of creative expression. I created an array with 12 of them once. Now, the RXO shoots in 4k. It was previously limited to HD. Of course, being a Sony that video has a full pixel readout and no pixel binning.
The other big update is image stabilization and improved Eye AF.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.