Featuring a high-magnification 7.5x optical zoom, the lightweight APS-C E-mount lens is suitable for both still and video shooting. The E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS zoom measures 2.75×3.5 inches and weights. The compact lens, intended for a6000 ($448 on Amazon) and a6300 ($748 on Amazon) bodies, has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-202.5mm.
For fans of Sony’s APS-C, it’s a welcome addition after they’ve been focused on G Masters, like the 24-105. When shooting scenes from a handheld position, particularly night scenes or in dimly lit interiors, the built-in optical image stabilization makes it easier to shoot blur-free images handheld. The impressive minimum focusing distance of just 0.45 m (1.45 ft) (0.29x max. magnification) makes it easy to shoot close-ups too that take advantage of the lens’s beautiful background bokeh.
The optical construction of the 18-135mm is comprised of 1 aspherical lens and 2 extra-low dispersion glass elements designed to minimize aberrations.
The 7.5x high-magnification zoom covers a broad spectrum of subjects and situations: scenery, nature, street, portraits, and general day-to-day photography.
The standout feature of this lens is the weight an optical design optimized for short flange focal distances that makes it small and manageable on its own while also contributing to notable reductions in overall system size, weight, and portability.
- Mount: Sony E-Mount
- Format: Aps-C
- Focal Length (Mm): 18-135
- 35 Mm Equivalent Focal Length (Aps-C): 27-202.5
- Lens Groups / Elements: 12–16
- Angle Of View (Aps-C): 76°-12°2
- Maximum Aperture (F): 3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture (F): 22-36
- Aperture Blades: 7
- Circular Aperture: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 Ft (0.45 M)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio (X): 0 29
- Filter Diameter (Mm): 55
- Image Stabilization (Steadyshot): Optical Steadyshot
- Zoom System: Manual
- Teleconverter Compatibility (X1.4)
- Teleconverter Compatibility (X2.0)
- Hood Type Petal Shape, Bayonet Type