Just announced, the Sony a7s III is available for preorder from B&H. Shipping in September, it costs $3,499.99. As I said in my launch post, the S stands for
And, it’s the best-ever 4K camera. Sony has released a powerhouse.
Highlights include an all-new image sensor (Bionz XR), processor, and OLED viewfinder. The back-illuminated full frame 12m sensor has large pixels, a 120p high-frame-rate at 4k. Movies are recorded at 10-bit depth, with 4:2:2 color sample, 15 stops of dynamic range, and 2x the readout speed of the Mark II.
Sony a7s III is Available for Preorder
I suggest you preorder now because this camera will sell out. Taking 5 years to launch there is pent up demand. And, Sony is not exaggerating the best-ever 4k. The slow motion specs were only previously available on studio cameras.
- 4k full pixel readout without binning in all modes
- Up to ISO 409600
- 10-bit depth, 4:2:2 color camping in all formats
- XAVC0S Long GOP, and All Intra
- Up to 120p frame rate (4k); up to 240p (FHD)
- S-log2 and 3
- Three gamut settings
- Full frame 4624×2408, 16-bit RAW output (up to 60p)
- Record up to an hour at 4k
- 16-bit RAW Output
- Up to 4 channels of digital audio recording
Sony has delivered a camera for their shooters with some surprises. That will redefine the space.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.