Launched last month, the Sony RX100 VII is now shipping from B&H, Amazon, and a store near you. The seventh version of Sony’s very popular all-in-one pocket camera costs $1998. The 24-200mm f/2.8-4.5 zoom is paired with a 20.1-megapixel stacked CMOS image sensor.
Most important, the latest RX100 uses imaging pipeline tech from the a9 to capture up to 20 FPS with no blackout. The tiny body performs AF/AE calculations up to 60 times while the autofocus will lock on in 0.02 seconds with human and animal eye detect.
In addition, the RX100 VII will burst shoot at up to 90 FPS. 357 tracking and autofocus points means you’re gonna get the shot too.
RX100 VII Specs
The specs are impressive.
- Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- Alpha 9 level speed performance with up to 60 AF/AE calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free shooting with AF/AE tracking
- World-leading 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastestv 0.02 sec focus acquisition speed
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- New Single Burst Shooting Drive Mode at up to 90fps speed
- Pro-level movie functionality including 4K HDR (HLG), Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting, 4K Active SteadyShot™, Vertical-position data recording for movies and integrated microphone jack.
The RX100 VII utilizes technologies that were previously available only in the a9 and it achieves new levels of performance for a compact camera. Driving the performance is a newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor.
Sony RX100 VII is Now Shipping
The RX100 VII compact camera is now shipping for approximately $1,200 US. The RX100 VII Shooting Grip Kit (same as the RX0) will be available later in 2019 for approximately $1,300 US. You can buy the grip now for 99. The LCJ-RXK jacket is shipping as well for approximately $85 US.
Like all Sony camera models, they the previous editions are still selling at a discounted price. The also amazing RX100 VI is now $1099 and in various bundles, like this Vlogger one.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.