The new Alpha 7 IV Beyond Basic camera is packed full of updates and brings the newest design, functionality, and user experience from the Alpha 1 and Alpha 7S III. And, it provides a better range of video features, compared to the Alpha 7 III. You can preorder it now from B&H for $2498, a very reasonable price considering how feature-rich this new body is.
At press time, Sony released an intro video. I suggest you watch it. The camera has so much new tech, you’ll probably get lost reading all the specs.
Alpha 7 IV Beyond Basic Key Features
The key features include
- 33MP Full-Frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Up to 10 fps Shooting, ISO 100-51200
- 4K 60p Video in 10-Bit, S-Cinetone
- 3.68m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3″ 1.03m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 759-Pt. Fast Hybrid AF, Real-time Eye AF
- Focus Breathing Compensation
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Creative Looks and Soft Skin Effect
- 4K 15p UVC/UAC Streaming via USB Type-C
Since its introduction in 2018, the a7 III has been a best seller for Sony and I expect the Alpha 7 IV Beyond Basic version will sell just as well. At launch, Sony described the Mark III as their basic camera, setting a new standard in what a consumer should expect from mirrorless. By labeling the Mark IV, Beyond Basic, they’ve taken what their customers should expect to another level.
Even though it’s like that with just about every improvement in Sony cameras in the last year like the a1. This Alpha series does some things that the others don’t have (notable bird AF in video), plus better video (albeit not the best video) at a reasonable price.
Here’s the product page from Sony for all the details.…
My daily shooter is Sony A1 with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.