The Sigma 24-70 ships in December date and and costs $1099. That’s nearly a thousand less than a Sony GM lens with comparable optical performance and native E-mount.
I was just asked by a friend what lens I recommend and replied that a 24-70 offers a wide-angle and decent zoom to cover a variety of photographic environments. That focal length is what I shot the MLS Cup with earlier this month.
View this post on Instagram
Rodriguez (No. 8) came off the bench and scored the game-winning goal of the #mlscup. The ball is a millisecond from flying past the goalie and into the net. I was there with the #a9ii and a 24-70 G Master. To get the shot, I followed the bouncing ball. With the net in frame, the camera locked onto the ball and tracked it. #sonymirrorless #sonymirrorlesspro #soundersfc
That’s the best value in mirrorless. When the Sigma 24-70 ships in December, it’s with these key features
Sigma 24-70 Lens Key Features
- Developed to achieve superior optical performance and designed to be less affected by strong incident light such as flare.
- Native Sony E-mount
- Dust and splash-proof body
- Maximum magnifications are 1:2.9 at the wide-angle end and 1:4.5 at the telephoto end.
- The minimum focusing distance is 18 cm at the wide-angle end.
And, these additional features
- Zoom lock switch
- Lens hood with a lock
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof structure
- Compatible with the Lens Aberration Correction
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system: A1
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, rugged brass bayonet mount
- Made in Japan craftsmanship
Here’s how Sigma describes the latest Art lens.
By employing three aspheric lenses, this zoom lens thoroughly subdues aberrations such as axial chromatic aberration or sagittal coma aberrations, which are difficult to correct in post-processing, tailors the resolution and achieves uniformity and superior optical performance from the center to the periphery throughout the zoom range.
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sony lenses attached like the FE 20mm F1.8. Find more gear recommendations in our shop. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.