Anticipating A9 6.0 Firmware since January, the update comes with two important upgrades: Animal Eye AF and an in-camera interval timer.
Animal eye tracking is an addition to the AI-powered tracking autofocus. Real-time Eye AF can be used simultaneously with tracking and the photographer may choose between human or animal. The best part: it works with silent shooting.
How To Update A9 6.0 Firmware
Firmware 56 is out and here’s how to update Sony camera firmware:
- Plug in camera, turn on.
- Make the USB sure it’s on Mass Storage. After that, remove the memory card, because the firmware treats the camera like a hard drive.
- Run the Update Setting Tool – Mac will tell you it’s from a developer, blah blah, say okay.
- That’ll run and similarly give you no feedback it’s done anything.
- Go into the resources folder and run the System Software Updater in there. It’ll ask to verify the version and then let you start.
- Go to a nice coffee place down the street. Have coffee, come back.
- In other words, relax, is a long update process.
Find the firmware on Sony’s support page and here are direct links
Unlike, Version 5, this update did not wipe all my settings.