Sony Pro Support members get their Sony A9 II first. Membership has its privileges, right? When it comes to Sony cameras, the answers is yes. Sony Imaging Pro Support just announced that they’re prioritizing Sony a9 II orders.
The offer is like a fast pass to skip the line and get the the blazing-fast second-generation a9 first.
Here’s the text from the announcement:
For a limited time only, Sony PRO Support members are being presented with a special opportunity to have their order receive prioritized shipping consideration.
Pro Support Benefits
I’m going to get a Sony a9 II early. My preorder is already in with Glazers Camera and, as a member, I’ve filled out the request form. If you’re a serious Sony shooter, Pro Support offers many more benefits. I’ve been a member now for 3 years. Those benefits include
- 24/7 phone and email support
- Three-day repair turnaround time
- Service center location in New York and Los Angeles
- On-site support at select major events
- Invitation to special events
- Trial loans
- Loans for repairs lasting more than three days
- Three complimentary maintenance services per year
- Free shipping to and from repair facility
In case you missed it, Sony announced the α9 II last week. The upgrades are for sport shooters and photojournalists. Photographers who produce high volume and deliver it fast. Like the new Mac pros, the a9 II is meant for very specific use and those who shoot in that niche aren’t questioning the $4500 price; in fact, for what this camera does it’s a bargain. Besides the connectivity improvements, the body is weather sealed.